Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Project Work Day Recon


So I did it, I worked an eight hour day this Monday, on art projects.  It was good and bad and I came away from it addicted.

It was surprisingly easy for me to keep the mentality of working and being on the clock.  I started a little late, had a nice leisurely morning, but when I started I started.  Truly I didn't think I had it in me to follow through without external pressure like there is at my normal job.

Nearing the end of the day I was already trying to plan when my next project day would be.  I decided to fit in a short two hour session this evening.

The most positive thing about this experiment is that I'm now secure in the idea that if somehow I were able to support myself on art, I could hold up the work ethic required. 

The most negative thing was all the sitting down.  Normally I'm on my feet all day which I prefer.

And another negative thing was the work I produced.  I was watercoloring and all that time spent highlighted my inexperience with the medium.  I'm optimistic that I'll improve, and actually finishing a painting is a good feeling even if it went wrong in so many ways.  With real time invested I can make the progess needed.


Posted via Blogaway

No comments:

Post a Comment